Date of Event: June 25, 2016
Start: DENR Head Office, Visayas Avenue
End: Upper Marikina Watershed, Pintong Bukawe
- 4:00am – Assembly and Participants Check in at DENR Visayas Avenue
- 5:00am – Ride out
- 7:30am – Arrival at Pintong Bukawe for the Trail Ride towards the Tree Planting Site.
- 8:00am – 9:30am – Bike to Tree Planting Site + Tree Planting Activity
- 9:45am – 10:15am – Closing Program by DENR FMB
The route is a 31km challenging ride from DENR Visayas Ave Towards Pintong Bukawe, San Mateo, Rizal with a total estimated elevation of 1,200-1,300 feet above sea level. There will be 2 water stops/regroup points along the way.
There are 2 kinds of Rides for this event.
2 Kinds of Rides to Join
- Ride to Plant – Meant for Intermediate cyclists who have experience with long rides and uphill climbs. Each Rider will be carrying two (2) seedlings which is no easy feat.
- Challenge/Fun Ride – Meant for those who would like to take the challenge and show support for DENR Forest Management Bureau’s Tree Planting Activity by riding along from Start to end.
What Bike should you use?
- Ride to Plant – Mountain Bike with knobby/off-road tires and worthy to be used in trails.
- Challenge/Fun Ride – For those who just want to reach Pintong Bukawe you can use any bike. If you would like to continue and join the fun Ride/Trail Ride then use a Mountain Bike with knobby/off-road tires and worthy to be used in trails.
DENR FMB has determined that the maximum planting capacity of the site to be 200 Seedlings.
- Ride to Plant – 100 cyclists only.
- Challenge/Fun Ride – None.
Registration Freebies (Free Ride. No Registration fee just sign up)
- Ride to Plant – FMB Day Bike Hike Plant T-shirt, Seedling Sling Bag, 2 Meals and Water
- Challenge/Fun Ride – FMB Day Bike Hike Plant T-shirt, 2 Meals and Water
All participants will be Marshaled by the NBO Bike Marshals as well as have an ambulance and vehicle on standby to pick up any downed riders or riders who cannot make it to the top.