WHY IS IT APRIL 10?
We shall be riding on the same date along the same route that our heros, tired and weary from 3 months of battle, were made to walk from Mariveles to Pampanga, and then from Capas to Camp O’ Donell, in the same summer heat with almost no food or water while suffering, beatings, tortures, executions, by their captors.
We ride to honor, remember and appreciate the sacrifice that was paid by the blood and valor of our forefathers, for the freedoms and luxuries we now enjoy.
- Assembly: 4am @ Death March Marker KM 0, Mariveles Bataan
- Ride out: 5am sharp
- Total Distance: 145 kms
- Estimated time of arrival at Capas National Shrine: 5pm
- Total time from start to finish: 12 hours
HYDRATION and MEDIC/RESCUE DETAILS
- There shall be Hydration stations every 10-15 Kilometers
- There shall be a team of medics on ambulances on standby along the route, ready to respond to any incident that may arise.
- A list of hydration stations and their locations along the route can be seen here
CLOTHING AND PROTECTION
We shall be riding in the heat of summer, please protect yourselves against thew summer heat and observe safety rules and regulations.
- No helmet no ride
- Wear arm sleeves to protect from the heat
- Bring shades to protect your eyes from glare
- Bring sunblock to protect your face and skin against sunburn
- STAGE 1: 46.63kms
- STAGE 2: 25.73kms
- STAGE 3: 31.22kms
- STAGE 4: 46.96kms
- FINISH ARRIVAL: 5:00pm @ Capas National Shrine, Capas, Tarlac